Galvanized vs. Vinyl-Coated Chain Link Fences
Getting ready to invest in a new fence for your home or business? Chain link fences have come a long way in recent years, thanks to advances in materials and technology that make them more resilient and attractive. There are generally two common types of chain link fences: galvanized and vinyl coated. Read on to learn the differences between the two, so you can pick the best option for your project.
Galvanized Chain Link Fences
The average chain link fence can hold up well to the elements, but galvanized chain link fences take protection to the next level. These fences are made with galvanized metal that’s covered with a special molten zinc coating, making it much stronger than a regular chain link fence. This coating helps the underlying steel last longer, protecting it from corrosion, rust, scratches, and other forms of damage.
Both the posts and the chain link mesh are galvanized, making the entire fence more durable. These fences can last several decades or longer, and they’re easy to maintain and repair when necessary. Galvanized fences are often silver in color, and they offer plenty of benefits for both residential and commercial projects. Here are some pros of galvanized fences, so you can determine if it’s best for your property:
- Classic look. Galvanized chain link fences offer that classic chain link fence look that many people know and love.
- Cheaper price. Galvanized chain link fences are cheaper than many other fencing styles, including vinyl-coated chain link.
- These fences last for decades with little maintenance. They’re easy to keep clean and hold up to wind, rain, and more.
Vinyl-Coated Chain Link Fences
If you’re looking for a chain link fence that looks great and lasts for decades, a vinyl-coated chain link fence is a wise investment. These fences are made with the same metal as galvanized chain link fences, but they’re coated in vinyl for long-lasting protection. There are even multiple color options to choose from, so you can design a fence that matches your property perfectly. Overall, the look is much softer than what you see with galvanized chain link.
While the vinyl coating costs more, it provides significant benefits. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider investing in this upgrade:
- More customizable. Vinyl coatings come in a huge array of colors, so you can choose one that best blends into the surrounding environment. It softens the look of the fence for better curb appeal.
- Greater durability. Chain link fences with a vinyl coating last longer. The protective layer of vinyl slows corrosion even better than galvanized metal on its own.
- While you’ll pay extra for the vinyl coating, these chain link fences are easy to install, making them an affordable fencing solution for homes and businesses.
A Chain Link Fence Adds Security, Value, and Appeal to Any Property
Whether you choose galvanized or vinyl-coated chain link, you can count on a fence that will serve you well for years to come. Need help finding the right fencing style for your property? Reach out to the fencing experts at American Wholesale Fenceworks – Apollo Beach today at (813) 556-9399!